The Nuzlocke Challenge.
If you’re a fan of the pokemon games like me, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the Nuzlocke Challenge. It can really spice up the old games you used to love.
What is the Nuzlocke Challenge?
It’s a self imposed challenge for players that feel the pokemon games are too easy or bland. It has certain rules that put a surprising twist on the game that make it surprisingly difficult, and make the player emotionally invested in the game rather than treating it as a way to simply pass the time.
The three rules required for a true Nuzlocke Challenge are as follows:
- Nickname every pokemon you catch/receive. This nicknaming also goes for your own character, rival, etc.
- Pokemon that faint are considered DEAD. No revives are allowed, either through items or pokemon center. Release the pokemon at your earliest convenience.
- You may only catch the first pokemon you encounter in each area. If you accidentally kill the pokemon or run out of pokeballs, too bad. Be more careful next time. An area is considered a single route, cave, or town. I.E. Route 2 and route 3 are different areas.
Sounds fun! How do I get started?
Simply follow the flowchart posted above and choose your path according to your own tastes for difficulty. Or read the rules as linked here!
Each Nuzlocke Challenge is fun, unique, and has its own story to tell. Here you can find many players who have done the challenge and comic-ed their own unique adventures, many of them are very funny or heart-wrenching. You can even make your own!
- sphintussexual reblogged this from poke-solutions and added:
- wordsinorangeneon likes this
- ryo-tan reblogged this from poke-solutions
- imdouglas reblogged this from mattmacor
- berrybigcircus likes this
- bryan12yglesias likes this
- shoutoutjames likes this
- poke-solutions reblogged this from mattmacor
- kaelwryn likes this
- mattmacor posted this